Friday, March 2, 2012

It's official the Wild Card expansion for 2012

     The MLB and the Players Association finally agreed to add another Wild Card in each league for the 2012 season (as I explain in my entry "Wild Card expansion for 2012"). Now it's official and I can't be more excited about it. Now two more teams have the chance to fight for a spot in the postseason with this new format.


     Not only that, but there's another change for this year's postseason. The Division Series will start with two home games for lower-seeds, and three home games for higher seeds, instead of the current format (2-2-1-). This is to eliminate a travel day prior to a decisive Game 5. Next year the Division Series format will go back the the original format.


     Good? Bad? For me, every move the MLB is doing is great. They always make good moves for the game and for the fans and I know this will work out. And if those changes mean more games... it's sounds okay to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment